Thursday, November 1, 2012

DIY frenzy

I just ate a gluten free cookie, which by the way, does not count as an actual cookie so I'm ready to move onto topic #2 of the evening:  NEW HOUSE.

We are under contract and we've had an inspection. We are waiting for the appraisal and then we will hopefully be good to go. I love this house. It's new, immaculate, the design is simple, efficient and will be fun to decorate, which is what I want to talk about right now. The following is a list of my upcoming projects, which I will complete in my over-abundance of free time (ha!):

1. Refurbish our dining room table and chairs, i.e., paint them a color other than the color they are right now. Preferably white because I love white.

2. Make an ottoman. This one is going to be a bitch I already know. My mom claims that she knows what she's doing but I can already hear her saying, "Hmm...I don't know. I want pizza."

3. PILLOWS! I plan on making a lot of adorable pillows with the phantom adorable fabric I have yet to find. I went to my fav fabric store in town but the lady that was working was asking me some strange questions about someone I don't know very well and I kept saying, "I don't know that person well enough to speculate," and that was apparently not a good enough answer for her as she stalked me right out the door. I didn't manage to purchase any fabric that day.

4. Ellis' room is going to require MAJOR assistance from Grandma Anne. I'm thinking a beautiful mural, maybe chalkboard paint all along the wall so she can color at all times, and well, to tell you the truth I have thought the least about Ellis' room. Sort of hoping mom is going to be project lead on this one.

5. Aaron is obsessed with the shed he's going to build. I'm excited that there will be a place to put his duck decoys and his big foot hunting shrub lookalike outfit.  That thing scares the shit out of me every time I see it. Once he hung it up on the porch to dry and I thought it was a 10-foot serial killer with extreme amounts of body hair. Not cool.

6. The dogs will need a fence. Boring. Hoping Aaron will take care of that one.

7. Someday I am going to find a rug that blows my mind. I'm hoping that day will come directly after payday.

8. Big Yard Sale at my bestie's house on Valverde this Saturday. I'm selling all of Aaron's things. Kidding. I'm only selling the stuff that he clearly bought when he thought he would never live with a woman. I have his permission, I'm not that rude.

Projects galore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment