Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hello, Day 13

Don't worry, my blog is not going to be exclusively about yoga henceforth. I am really into my 30 day challege though. Look, it's my yoga mat on a business trip with me. 

I also have a yoga mat in my office now. It's a good talking point. And even if someone doesn't ask about it, just the mere presence of it communicates, "I am a calm and centered person." That, or "I am so far from being calm and centered, I need to bring a yoga mat with me to work." Either way, it works for me. 

I find that anytime I go out of town, it is hard for me to stick to whatever "challenge" I may be torturing myself with. Luckily, I was not on a diet, as the Cubs were playing and they had my favorite beer on tap at the hotel bar. I sat next to a woman who was on a diet though, tiny as she was, and it was depressing. I'm glad I'm a bit more sane when it comes to what I don't allow down the hatchet. 

So, truth be told, there were two days during my trip that I did not do yoga on the mat. The interesting thing was, I didn't beat myself up about it, which is very yoga-esk don't you think? I tried to be mindful of my yoga practice off the mat on these two days, which I think I was fairly successful at, though I did talk a lot of shit during our long drive. I managed to only become mildly annoyed with my coworker, and when I was hiding from him at the bar, I was very mindful of my thoughts and posture. 

We do the best we can, don't we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment